The board met on Tuesday, 4/21 to talk about what our next steps will be, primarily, when should we start dancing again. While there are a lot of factors to consider, we came up with these three as a minimum standard:
- Philadelphia schools have reopened, with no social distancing in place.
- COVID-19 cases have been steadily declining in Philadelphia, the adjacent Pennsylvania and New Jersey counties, and in New Castle county.
- It is legal to convene a group of 50 people in the city.
There will probably be other factors to consider as well, most notably, is the Lutheran Church open. And we’ll be keeping our fingers on the (virtual) pulse of the club to see how people feel about coming back.
While we have not yet cancelled all of our summer events, we’re unsure at best if we can hold them. If other factors look really good in the summer, we may not have the schools to use as a barometer. Which would be a nice problem to have.
As always, keep an eye on the website and your email for further updates. And, as always, you can email us at email@example.com with any questions. We are monitoring email, and someone will get back to you as soon as possible (note that we’re not checking the P.O. box regularly right now, and have temporarily removed that info from the website).
Stay safe, and yellow rocks,
Your Independence Squares board